Estimated Reading Time: 1
All Progressives Congress chieftain, Bola Tinubu, on Saturday has reacted on the release of abducted Kankara school boys in Katsina, calling for a review of the current security architecture in the country.
Tinubu made this known in a statement today titled, ‘Lauding Pres. Buhari, Governor Masari over Rescue of Kankara Schoolboys’.
He said, “We need to upgrade our security infrastructure and re-strategise. The armed forces themselves must renew their efforts to make not only our schools safe for students but also our cities and villages.
“This laudable effort must be sustained. We must all do more to tackle the evil-doers and see the back of the Boko insurgents and bandits”.
He also said the release of over 300 schoolboys abducted from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina State, vindicated President Muhammadu Buhari.
“The initial abduction of the over 300 Kankara schoolboys from their dormitory in broad daylight was unsettling and raises serious concern. However, their prompt rescue from their abductors is heart-warming.
“It vindicates President Buhari in his untiring commitment and determination to rid the country of insecurity and confront Boko Haram insurgents and bandits operating in some parts of the country.”
The former governor of Lagos State also applauded Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, and men of Armed Forces for “bringing the boys back home”.
“No development can occur in a climate of fear, uncertainty, and insecurity of lives and property.”
The APC chieftain also “empathise with the agonised parents and relations of the abducted schoolboys and rejoice with them over the release of their children from the jaws of the abductors”.
Gunmen on motorcycles had attacked the school on December 11 and abducted the students after a gun duel with the police.
The abduction occurred some hours after the President arrived in Daura, Katsina for a week-long private visit.
Masari, however, announced on December 17 that 344 schoolboys were released by bandits in Zamfara State.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party