Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Air Force says it provided persistent air presence to ensure the safety of hundreds of students abducted from Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina, on December 11.
NAF highlighted its roles in a series of tweets on Friday.
They were released on Thursday in Zamfara State and taken to Katsina State on Friday morning amidst tight security.
Earlier on Wednesday, Kastina State Governor, Aminu Masari, said the abducted students were taken to a forest in Zamfara State.
NAF said its air presence also denied the abductors freedom of action.
NAF tweeted, “344 boys abducted from GSSS Kankara, Katsina State on 11 December 2020 were safely returned to the Katsina State Government House this morning, escorted by a combined team of personnel from various security agencies with air cover provided by @NigAirForce.
“From the time of the incident, @NigAirForce deployed additional ISR and other air assets to provide persistent surveillance over areas of interest in Katsina and Zamfara States, whilst maintaining offensive air presence to deny the abductors freedom of action.
“Medical personnel were also part of the Team that provided immediate medical care to the boys after their release from the forest. Additional @NigAirForce Special Forces personnel were equally deployed to provide support.”
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel