Estimated Reading Time: 1
“My dear children, don’t be discouraged with what has happened, give your attention to acquiring knowledge and developing good character, and you will be distinguished in life,” Buhari told the schoolboys when he met with them in Katsina on Friday.
The President noted that he was once in a boarding school like them and pointed out that education got him to the position he currently occupies.
Gunmen on motorcycles had attacked the school over a week ago and abducted the students. The abduction occurred some hours after the President arrived in Daura, Katsina for a week-long private visit.
Terror group, Boko Haram, had released two videos, claiming responsibility for the attack.
Katsina State Governor, Aminu Masari, however, announced on Thursday that 344 schoolboys were released by bandits in Zamfara State.
The governor, who received the students on Friday when they arrived in Katsina from Zamfara, also said the schoolboys would receive proper medical attention before they are reunited with their families.
- NDLEA to test students, corps members, security agencies
- COVID-19: FG extends partial lockdown by a month
- Just In: Imo State Governor declares curfew in Orlu
- South-West Governors ban all forms of open grazing in the region
- Pregnant woman killed by bandits in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State
- Cross River, EU destroy arms surrendered by militants in the state
- State Governors meet with Miyetti Allah in Akure; here are some of the resolutions reached
- Filmmakers should collect permit to avoid harassment – Sanwo-Olu
- Federal Government is insincere with the handling of herdsmen crisis – Bamikole Omisore
- How I lost my wife, 4 children to Flood – 50-year-old man narrates in new CDD documentary