Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Chairman, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission an’d former House of Reps member, Abike Dabiri-Erewa has denied posting an update on her twitter page that the Kidnapped Boys from Government secondary school Katsina have been rescued.
NewsWireNGR along with other media organizations, had reported the update as shared by Abike Dabiri.
However, a few minutes later, the post was deleted from the page. When twitter users questioned her, Ms Dabiri-Erewa claimed that the post was not made from her twitter account. She went further to warn twitter users to ‘beware of fake accounts’.
Her response was however met with backlash on the social media app as several users, including journalists, had screengrabbed her post before it was deleted. When she was called out on that fact, Abike Dabiri-Erewa responded that her account was compromised for a few minutes; insisting that she did not post the misinformation.
Dabiri-Erewa was a journalist at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) for fifteen years, before she retired to stand for election in the House of Representatives, which she won. She was the Chairman of the House Committee on Media & Publicity.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis