Katsina State governor, Aminu Bello Masari has denied claims that two of the abducted Kankara schoolboys are dead.
He disclosed this in a chat in Channels Television programme, Politics Today on Wednesday night.
Masari said that the government does not want any of the boys dead and that’s why the Government has refused to engage in any fight.
“We don’t want any of the children wounded or killed, that’s what is restraining our security personnel’s from opening fire on the abductors.
Gunmen last Friday invaded Government Science Secondary School, Kankara, Katsina and abducted over 500 students.
On Tuesday, Boko Haram Factional leader, Abubakar Shekau claimed responsibility for the attack. Through a released audio, Shekau said the school was attacked because it was teaching its students things that could “destroy Islam”.
“What happened in Katsina was done to promote Islam and discourage un-Islamic practices as Western education is not the type of education permitted by Allah and his Holy Prophet,” he had said in the four-minute long video.
“They are also not teaching what Allah and his Holy Prophet commanded. They are rather destroying Islam. It may be subtle, but Allah the Lord of the skies and earths knows whatever is hidden. May Allah promote Islam. May we die as Muslims,” he said.
However, Governor Bello Masari still speaking on Politics Today countered the claim by the Boko Haram terrorist group insisting that the boys were abducted by bandits.
“From the information available to us, this was conducted, executed by local bandits that are known to all of us,” he said.
“These are bandits that are roaming the forests of Zamfara and parts of Kaduna State. So far, this is the information we have. Whatever role any other terrorist group must have played, we are yet to confirm it.”