Estimated Reading Time: <1
The speaker of the Kano state House of Assembly, Abdulaziz Garba Gafasa and his the house Majority Leader, Kabiru Hassan Dashi have resigned from their positions.
Member representing Doguwa, Salisu Ibrahim who confirmed the incident says the speaker resigned for personal reasons while the majority leader is yet to speak on his own reasons.
The resignation letters were received at 1:08am Tuesday by the Kano Assembly.
A new speaker and majority leader according to Salisu Doguwa would emerge during plenary later in the day.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government