Estimated Reading Time: 1
Senator representing Abia Central, Theodore Orji has promised to quit politics in 2023 to give way for the younger generation.
By 2023, Orji would be ending an eight-year term in the Senate at 73 years old. Thus, he has vouched to resist the pressure to contest for any political office.
He spoke at a traditional wedding in Umuajatta Olokoro, Umuahia south local government on Sunday.
He said, “Your future as Abians is bright. I have since decided to quit politics in 2023 to give way for you all.”
“If I don’t quit, there won’t be space for you. But I have to quit so that you can take over. I’ll support you in every way possible.
“You have all been supporting me since the inception of my political career, thank you so much for that; it’s time for me to support you in your own careers too.”
Orji started his career as civil servant but since his move to politics, he has been a two-time Governor, the Chief of Staff to the state government and is presently a Senator representing Abia Central
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help