Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Cross River State Police announced it has arrested four armed robbery suspects in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
The robbery suspects, police say were part of a four-man gang that robbed and killed one victim on Sunday, December 13th, 2020.
According to the law officers, the gang had carried out a robbery operation no. 6 Asang Eniong Street, Calabar South in the early hours of that day, and then shot one Ekanem Ekanem who was later confirmed dead at the Navy Hospital, Calabar.
The Cross River State Commissioner of Police, Abdulkadir Jimoh who paraded the suspects before newsmen disclosed that his men acted upon intelligence and was directed to Goldie market close to Unical Goldie- gate where the suspects were arrested.
The suspects, the CP said were; “Theophilus Nwosu M’ aged 25years; Godwin Ekwen M’ aged 27 years; Adigor Emmanuel M’ aged 20 years and Benjare Clement Arikpo M’ aged 30 years.
Items recovered includes; Two locally made Pistols; One live cartridge; One expended cartridge; Two android Techno Phones; One small Itel phone and One Fantom Phone.
CP Jimoh noted that investigation is still on and warned criminals in the stat to ” turn a new leaf or be ready to face the full wrath of the law.”
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party