Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Cross River State Police announced it has arrested four armed robbery suspects in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
The robbery suspects, police say were part of a four-man gang that robbed and killed one victim on Sunday, December 13th, 2020.
According to the law officers, the gang had carried out a robbery operation no. 6 Asang Eniong Street, Calabar South in the early hours of that day, and then shot one Ekanem Ekanem who was later confirmed dead at the Navy Hospital, Calabar.
The Cross River State Commissioner of Police, Abdulkadir Jimoh who paraded the suspects before newsmen disclosed that his men acted upon intelligence and was directed to Goldie market close to Unical Goldie- gate where the suspects were arrested.
The suspects, the CP said were; “Theophilus Nwosu M’ aged 25years; Godwin Ekwen M’ aged 27 years; Adigor Emmanuel M’ aged 20 years and Benjare Clement Arikpo M’ aged 30 years.
Items recovered includes; Two locally made Pistols; One live cartridge; One expended cartridge; Two android Techno Phones; One small Itel phone and One Fantom Phone.
CP Jimoh noted that investigation is still on and warned criminals in the stat to ” turn a new leaf or be ready to face the full wrath of the law.”
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52