Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nollywood actress, Joke Muyiwa is ending the year with an academic achievement.
The actress who is also a lecturer at the department of Performing Arts at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State has bagged a PhD in Theatre Arts at Redeemers University.
She disclosed her success on social media on Wednesday night.
She said, “Just finished defending my PhD. I just turned Dr. Mrs Joke Muyiwa. Congratulations to me”
Joke Muyiwa is a veteran who started her career as a stage play actress in the late 1970s.
She has been featured in several movies such as Odaju Omo, Afowoka, Ayitale, Afowofa and Shakabula.
This latest feat by Muyiwa means that the Yoruba movie industry has three publicised doctorate holders with Eniola Olaniyan and Saidi Balogun already on the list.
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai