Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nollywood actress, Joke Muyiwa is ending the year with an academic achievement.
The actress who is also a lecturer at the department of Performing Arts at the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State has bagged a PhD in Theatre Arts at Redeemers University.
She disclosed her success on social media on Wednesday night.
She said, “Just finished defending my PhD. I just turned Dr. Mrs Joke Muyiwa. Congratulations to me”
Joke Muyiwa is a veteran who started her career as a stage play actress in the late 1970s.
She has been featured in several movies such as Odaju Omo, Afowoka, Ayitale, Afowofa and Shakabula.
This latest feat by Muyiwa means that the Yoruba movie industry has three publicised doctorate holders with Eniola Olaniyan and Saidi Balogun already on the list.
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research