Estimated Reading Time: 1
A youth leader of the All Progressives Congress in Garin Gabbas in Rafi local government area of Niger State has been kidnapped by gunmen suspected to be bandits
They also kidnapped the District head of Gunna in Yakila, also in Rafi local government, alongside children of two health workers said to be working at a Primary Health Care in the area.
The Director-General of the Niger State Emergency Management Agency, Ahmed Inga confirmed this to journalists on Thursday.
According to him, several members of the communities are still missing, making it difficult to ascertain the number of other persons who might have been abducted by the bandits.
“We are still gathering details on the attacks. We will keep you updated.” Inga said.
A member of Yakila community, Zanna Sanusi had told Channels Television, in a telephone interview that the attackers stormed the two communities on Thursday at about 2:30 am in large numbers.
The Police Public Relations Officer, Abiodun Wasiu has not released an official statement about the incident as of the time of filing this report
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’