Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigerian pop star Oluwatosin Ajibade, popularly known as Mr Eazi, is giving his fans a platform to earn money on his next releases in an experimental plan for his music fans and investors to buy shares in his songs. This plan allows investors (fans) to own equity in his songs and earn income on streaming revenue.
The music entrepreneur announced this on his Twitter page on Wednesday.
He said, “Gonna try am experiment on my next release where you guys the fans will be able to buy shares on My songs! Meaning you will own an equity % on the song! As you stream and give me $ some goes back to you!
“I have consistently since 2016 been Top 5 most streamed African Artists & that’s 100% due to my fans!! I love you guys!! And it’s time to get you in on the equity side!
Imagine you have a percentage on my song with Nicki or my new single ‘LENTO’ with Jbalvin!!! As you stream you make it a hit, some of the $ comes to you! But most importantly, you are a true part of the Global Smash Hit you helped create”
The Afro Pop Star believes his plan will work because according to him, he has been in the list of top 5 most streamed African artist since 2016
Mr Eazi, whose name is Oluwatosin Oluwole Ajibade, has always found a bridge between art and music.
He founded a tech platform, Phonetrader.ng, that allows people buy a used phone or swap old ones.
Mr Eazi presently manages emPawa, a music charity and investment program that equips promising African Artists with tools, knowledge, network and investment to become independent music entrepreneurs. Music sensation, Joeboy is a big winner of this platform.
He is also an M.Sc holder in Engineering and Management from the Coventry University.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students