Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, Lagos Sector Command has warned motorists against the use of phones while driving.
The Sector Commander, Olusegun Ogungbemide reiterated this through a statement on Sunday.
He said that the Corps had observed an increasing disobedience of traffic and safety regulations by motorists and this disobedience to rules costs lives.
The Commander z reiterated the National Road Traffic Regulations 2012 section 166 (1),
“No driver of a vehicle shall whilst the vehicle is in motion receive or makes a telephone call in any form. We have lost so many drivers and other innocent people due to distraction from the use of phones caused them while on the road.
“Peace-loving, responsible Lagosians and road users are also passing through a lot of pains due to the actions of these few who will not obey simple regulations to keep themselves alive”, the statement added.
Meanwhile, FRSC also vowed to enforce its Road safety regulations during December.
The Zonal Commanding Officer, RS1 Kaduna Assistant Corps Marshal Aliyu Datsama disclosed this at the flag -off of “2020 ember months” campaign in Katsina.
He said, ” ’’Today marks the flag-off of the programme in Katsina State for the year 2020 and I wish to call on stakeholders and the general public to imbibe and spread the Road Safety culture as well as key into this year’s theme of “Drive Safe and stay safe.
‘’The aggregate of all these human activities each end of the year include: conveyance of farm produce, Marriages and other ceremonies, which often results into corresponding high number of road traffic crashes and fatalities.”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo
- Singer, Simi says female entertainers are constantly pitted against each other – she explains the difficulties
- Lagos State Government announces 3 months partial closure of Marine bridge
- WAEC cancels Literature-in English exams; candidates to rewrite papers March 11
- “They took away about 470 cows and cattle” killed 15 persons – Eyewitness accounts after gunmen storm Sokoto
- Speaker Gbajabiamila begs Nigerians to accept COVID-19 vaccine
- “That is the trump card that I will not reveal” – Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor talks tough
- Repentant Boko Haram members return to the terror group after spying on security agents formation – Governor Zulum
- Nigerian soldier and his girlfriend were recently caught supplying ammunitions and military uniforms to armed bandits in Zamfara
- President Buhari decorates new Service Chiefs