Estimated Reading Time: 1
The candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr Stephen Odey, has been declared the winner of the Cross River Northern Senatorial District bye-lection held on Saturday, December 5.
He was declared the winner by the Senatorial bye-election returning officer, Prof Ameh Akoh.
He scored a total of 129,207 votes to defeat his closest rival Joe Agi of the All Progressives Congress, who scored 19,165 votes.
The party’s candidate, Maria Godwin Akwaji, also won the Obudu State Constituency seat in the House of Assembly.
In Ogoja, PDP polled 16,235 votes followed by APC with 2,634 votes. In Bekwarra, PDP got 21,195 followed by APC with 2,576 votes.
PDP also won in Obudu by a wide margin. It scored 31,551 votes followed by APC with 3,300 votes.
In Yala, PDP polled 45,718 votes, while APC won 8,081 votes.
The results were declared at the Independent National Electoral Commission’s office in Ogoja in the presence of the returning officer for the election and Deputy Vice-Chancellor of Alex Ekweme University, Ebonyi, Prof Omaka Nduka.
- NBC asks DSS to arrest operators of Radio Biafra
- Police in Sokoto confirms terrorists killed 12 persons In Illela
- A splinter Boko Haram group, regrouping in my state – Nasarawa Governor Raises Alarm
- Terrorists that attacked in Kaduna are from neighbouring states – Commissioner
- Ondo Government bans NURTW, RTEAN activities in the state
- Lagos shuts down Cubana nightclub, arrests 172 COVID-19 violators
- Breaking: Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State and convoy involved in an accident
- Fearing terrorist attack, Yobe State Government closes all boarding schools
- Food items will not be transported to southwest until Fulanis are safe – Miyetti Allah
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Food blockade of south by north