Estimated Reading Time: 1
Tokunbo Abiru, candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC has been declared the winner of the Lagos East senatorial bye election.
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC announced on Sunday that Abiru polled a total of 89,204 votes while Babatunde Gbadamosi, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, secured 11,257 votes at the Saturday bye-elections.
Meanwhile, Gbadamosi, a former governorship candidate had condemned the election and described it as manipulated while the elections were being counted.
Gbadamosi who expressed his dissatisfaction after casting his vote at polling unit 14, Isele ward 1, Ikorodu local government area said, “The election was manipulated and I was clearly rigged out.”
Here are the results in all LGAs:
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%
- ‘Omo Ghetto (The Saga)’ replaces Wedding Party as highest grossing Nollywood movie
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari sacks service chiefs