Estimated Reading Time: 2
Former Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has declared that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) remains the only political party that can rebuild Nigeria in 2023.
He said for the party to be able to perform such a role, it must ensure all its members are united and working towards the same goal.
Saraki made this assertion on Wednesday during the swearing-in ceremony for members of the PDP national reconciliation and strategic committee at the party headquarters in Abuja.
His remarks at the ceremony partly reads:
“The pre-occupation of leaders now should be how to keep our country united, rebuild her institutions, defeat the forces seeking to pull her apart, rebuild the infrastructure, reposition it as a respected and responsible member of the international community, make the country truly serve the citizenry and inspire patriotism from them.
Any political party or politician not worried by these issues is not worth the ambition he or she is pursuing. We believe that nothing is more important at this point than Nigeria and our party. And it is obvious that the success of the PDP today is the only hope that Nigeria needs to survive and bounce fully back.
It is my joy that all the members of this committee are on one page as to what is required of us. We are all determined to give all that is necessary to get the task accomplished.”
“I am proud to note that PDP is still the best platform through which we can rebuild and unite Nigeria. One indication about the significance of this party is that it is the ONLY political party that has at least a Governor in all the six geo-political zones of our country.
Our party is also the only party which has members in all the households, streets, polling zones, wards, local government areas, states and across the country such that it is said that any street or community where the symbol of the umbrella is not sighted may not be part of the Nigerian territory.
It is our belief and that of many members of this party that our chances in the 2023 elections are very bright and we need to unite ourselves to further brighten the chances.“
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April