Estimated Reading Time: 1
Gunmen who kidnapped a couple have placed N15 million for the release of the couple in their custody.
The victims, Mr and Mrs Paul Aluola were kidnapped on Monday by armed men at Ewatto in the Esan South East Local Government Area of Edo State.
NewsWireNGR gathered that the couple were travelling along Ewatto-Ubiaja Road when the gunmen opened fire on the bus conveying them, forcing it to stop.
When the bus stopped, the gunmen forced the victims to the bush.
The husband, Paul, is a primary school teacher at Ohordua while his wife is a petty trader.
A source close to the family disclosed the ransom details. “They are currently demanding N15 million as ransom before releasing their victims.”
“The family members are wondering how a teacher can raise such an amount of money,” the source said.
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan
- Former Goalkeeper and Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Joe Erico has died
- COVID-19: Insecurity is Nigeria’s coronavirus – Former Sokoto Governor
- Biden reverses Trump’s Muslim ban
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account