Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Senate of the University of Ibadan (UI) has elected the institution’s deputy Vice Chancellor, Professor Babatunde Ekanola as Acting Vice Chancellor (VC) of the university.
At a Senate meeting held on Monday morning, Ekanola won with 275 votes to defeat four other nominees.
Other nominees defeated Professor Ayo Oluleye with 80 votes; Deputy Vice Chancellor (Research and Innovation), Professor Olanike Adeyemo with 13 votes; Professor Adigun Agbaje, 15 votes and Professor Gbemisola Oke, 14 votes.
The Council is currently meeting in the university and is expected to affirm the decision of Senate on appointing an acting Vice Chancellor.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%