Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP says the beheading of forty-three farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state, Boko Haram terrorists as devilish, and a failure of the Buhari administration to secure the citizenry.
In a statement by it’s spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan, the PDP describes the incident as horrific, and “yet another of the recurring horrid testament and badge of failure of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led APC administration to secure the nation and guarantee the safety of lives and property in our country”
It says that escalated killing and maiming of innocent Nigerians by insurgents, bandits, and marauders have continued to ravage and pillage communities, while the Buhari administration continues with its lip service and false performance claims as it fails to take decisive action despite series of concerns raised by Borno state governor, Baba Gana Zulum, of alleged security compromises in the state.
The PDP says “such attitude by the Buhari administration has continued to embolden insurgents to the extent that they now attack military formations, convoys of state governors and engage in wanton beheading of our compatriots”.
The opposition party, the statement continued, “notes that the president had refused to act on the consistent demands of Nigerians to rejig the national security architecture and replace the service chiefs with more capable hands to affectively tackle security challenges, and charges President Buhari to sit up in taking actions that will safeguard the lives of Nigerians who have been subjected to all manners of mental and physical torture under his administration”
The PDP asks the president to immediately visit Zabarmari in Borno state to empathize with the families of the victims and “lead from the front in restoring security in the area”, and commiserates with the government and people of Borno state.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan
- Former Goalkeeper and Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Joe Erico has died
- COVID-19: Insecurity is Nigeria’s coronavirus – Former Sokoto Governor
- Biden reverses Trump’s Muslim ban
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market