Estimated Reading Time: 1
The abducted wife of the Chief of Staff to Ondo State Governor, Olugbenga Ale has been freed.
Others released alongside Mrs Ale include her friend who was a co-occupant of the vehicle hijacked on Thursday night.
Mrs Ale and her friend were released on Saturday afternoon after a successful and extensive joint operation mounted by security agencies.
NewsWireNGR gathered that security agencies initiated a manhunt for the criminals, following detailed intelligence gathering spearheaded by the Amotekun Corps which indicated the location and track of the hoodlums.
After sessions of hot exchanges of gunfire, the combined operations of joint security agencies were able to overpower the hoodlums and retrieved unhurt, the kidnapped individuals.
NewsWireNGR reported that Mrs Ale, who was coming from Lagos was kidnapped on Thursday in Owena town in the Idanre Local Government Area of the state.
The Commander of the Amotekun Corps, Adetunji Adeleye, who confirmed the release of Mrs Ale said it was too early to disclose details of the rescue operation.
He said, “We thank God for the achievement, it was not easy. But we are are able to arrest some persons in connection with the matter.”
Adeleye also said some suspects have been arrested in connection with the murder of the Olufon of Ifon, Oba Israel Adeusi, who was killed by some gunmen on Thursday.
“We are closing in on the hoodlums. We also arrested some persons at Elegbeka in connection with the killing of the monarch. But they are under interrogation and they are helping us with useful information,” Adeleye said.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children