Estimated Reading Time: 1
Ibrahim Taiwo, the officer representing the Nigerian army at the panel the Lagos state government set up to probe the Lekki shooting has been promoted from brigadier-general to a major-general, TheCable is reporting
The Lagos state government had set up the judicial panel to look into allegations of rights abuses by the police special anti-robbery squad (SARS) and allegations that the Nigerian army fired live ammunition at unarmed protesters at the Lekki toll gate on the 20th October.
Ibrahim Taiwo, commander of the army 81 division intelligence brigade, has been speaking on panel to defend the army’s involvement.
NewsWireNGR gathered that Taiwo was elevated to the rank of a major-general after the military board approved the promotion of senior officers.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home