Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed, says Nigeria’s land borders will be reopened soon.
The minister indicated this during an interview with State House correspondents on Wednesday.
Ahmed said the presidential committee set up on the matter has completed its job and has recommended the reopening of the borders.
She said the committee would soon submit its report to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), following which a formal pronouncement would be made on the matter. However, she did disclose when the report will be submitted and how soon the land borders will be reopened.
Recall that Nigeria had in August 2019 closed its land borders to curtail illegal importation of drugs, small arms and agricultural products into country from neighbouring West African nations.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan
- Former Goalkeeper and Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Joe Erico has died
- COVID-19: Insecurity is Nigeria’s coronavirus – Former Sokoto Governor
- Biden reverses Trump’s Muslim ban
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde