Estimated Reading Time: 1
Another case of human rights violations have been levelled against the Nigerian army following a viral video of three soldiers and a Civil Defence officer beating an alleged sickler and telling him to go and die in Asaba, Delta state.
This abuse video started circulating on Sunday.
In the video, the soldiers had arrested some boys and were beating one of them.
While about to beat the boy, someone told the soldiers that he (the boy) is a sickler. The soldiers did not care; they continued to beat him and told him to go and die.
“Go and die, if you are a sickler, go and die,” one of the soldiers said. Another soldier cocked a gun, pointed it at the boy and told him he will finish him.
There has been increased criticism of the Nigerian army following the Lekki shootings where soldiers allegedly opened fire on unarmed protesters at the Lekki toll gate.
On November 2, there was a viral video of soldiers beating civilians and cutting their hair in Ibadan.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami