Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State who had just defected to All Progressives Congress has addressed speculations of him being interested in a presidential ticket, come 2023.
Umahi says he does not have intention to contest for any political office after his eight years as Governor.
The Ebonyi State Governor said this when the Senate Chief Whip, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, hosted him to a dinner in Abuja.
“I will advise them to stop the attack on me, on my person. They don’t really have anything on me. They don’t,” he said.
He further stated that the only way the Peoples Democratic Party can shame him for dumping the party is by zoning the 2023 presidential ticket to the South East.
“The founding father of PDP is Dr. Alex Ekueme, former vice president…I believe strongly that the PDP will do the needful by putting me to shame by ceding the presidential ticket to the South East.”
“And this is just my aim. I never said give it to me. There are many, many Igbo leaders who are much, much better than me and more qualified. But as their younger one, we should watch their back.”
“When people speculate that I am coming to do this and do that, I just laugh because I continue to say that 2023, by God’s special grace, I would have been a governor for eight years and that is enough for me and I would have to bow out to face my business.” he further said.
“So, those who are already speculating are wasting their time. Every man has got his destiny and then, a charter of life,” he said.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan
- Former Goalkeeper and Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Joe Erico has died
- COVID-19: Insecurity is Nigeria’s coronavirus – Former Sokoto Governor
- Biden reverses Trump’s Muslim ban
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released