Estimated Reading Time: 2
Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State, who recently defected to the All Progressives Congress, has sacked sixteen Technical Assistants on Tuesday.
This was revealed in a statement released through the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Kenneth Ugbala.
According to him: “Following the directive of the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, the under listed political appointees are hereby relieved of their appointments for dereliction of duty with immediate effect.”
They are: ”Mr. Atuma Stephen Ifeanyi (Technical Assistant, TA), Barr. Jude Nwovu (Technical Assistant, TA), Ifeanyi Ogbuewu (Technical Assistant, TA), Chinyere Oreke Daniel (Technical Assistant, TA), Chinoso Iboke (Liaison Officer), Chinedu Iteshi (Liaison Officer), Agatha Nwancho (Member, DC Management Committee), Nwaforagu Ikechukwu (Member, Dc Management Committee).”
Others include; Kingdom Otubo (Technical Assistant, TA), Oforbuike Nwoba Technical Assistant, TA), Udoka Elias(Technical Assistant, TA), Sabastine Ojiogu (Technical Assistant, TA), Ejimofor Aleke(Technical Assistant, TA), Amarachi Eze(Technical Assistant, TA), Okoro Idam Eni(Technical Assistant, TA) and Hon. Collins Out Eleri (Technical Assistant, TA).”
Umahi has also approved the dissolution of the Ebonyi State University Governing Council and the Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo Governing Boards which was headed by Ambassador Franklin Ogbuewu and Chief Fidelix Nwankwo, former Minister of State for Health
He said: “In the further effort of Ebonyi State Government to enthrone efficiency in service delivery, the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr David Nweze Umahi, has approved the dissolution of the Ebonyi State University Governing Council and the Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo Governing Board with immediate effect.”
“The Chairmen and members of the affected Council and Board are directed to hand over all government property in their possession to the Vice Chancellor and the Provost respectively before the close of work on Tuesday, 24th November, 2020.”
“Copies of the handover notes should be submitted to the Secretary to the State Government/Coordinating Commissioner without delay. All concerned are to ensure strict compliance” it stated.
He also directed the sixteen political appointees to handover all Government property in their possessions to the Secretary to the State Government and Coordinating Commissioner before the close of work on Tuesday 24th November, 2020.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states
- “Be more bothered about the billion missing” – Nigerians react as Ellen Johnson Sirleaf tweets about Hadiza Bala Usman’s probe
- “We are not second class citizens of this country” – Governor Wike and Okowa insist on Asaba resolution
- The Economist: Nigeria’s economy is stuck in a rut
- Breaking: Buhari will on Sunday depart Abuja for France
- Turkish President phones Buhari, seeks Nigeria’s support for Palestine
- Nasarawa speaker says ‘no alternative to Governor Sule in 2023’