Estimated Reading Time: 2
Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State, who recently defected to the All Progressives Congress, has sacked sixteen Technical Assistants on Tuesday.
This was revealed in a statement released through the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Kenneth Ugbala.
According to him: “Following the directive of the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. David Nweze Umahi, the under listed political appointees are hereby relieved of their appointments for dereliction of duty with immediate effect.”
They are: ”Mr. Atuma Stephen Ifeanyi (Technical Assistant, TA), Barr. Jude Nwovu (Technical Assistant, TA), Ifeanyi Ogbuewu (Technical Assistant, TA), Chinyere Oreke Daniel (Technical Assistant, TA), Chinoso Iboke (Liaison Officer), Chinedu Iteshi (Liaison Officer), Agatha Nwancho (Member, DC Management Committee), Nwaforagu Ikechukwu (Member, Dc Management Committee).”
Others include; Kingdom Otubo (Technical Assistant, TA), Oforbuike Nwoba Technical Assistant, TA), Udoka Elias(Technical Assistant, TA), Sabastine Ojiogu (Technical Assistant, TA), Ejimofor Aleke(Technical Assistant, TA), Amarachi Eze(Technical Assistant, TA), Okoro Idam Eni(Technical Assistant, TA) and Hon. Collins Out Eleri (Technical Assistant, TA).”
Umahi has also approved the dissolution of the Ebonyi State University Governing Council and the Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo Governing Boards which was headed by Ambassador Franklin Ogbuewu and Chief Fidelix Nwankwo, former Minister of State for Health
He said: “In the further effort of Ebonyi State Government to enthrone efficiency in service delivery, the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr David Nweze Umahi, has approved the dissolution of the Ebonyi State University Governing Council and the Ebonyi State College of Education, Ikwo Governing Board with immediate effect.”
“The Chairmen and members of the affected Council and Board are directed to hand over all government property in their possession to the Vice Chancellor and the Provost respectively before the close of work on Tuesday, 24th November, 2020.”
“Copies of the handover notes should be submitted to the Secretary to the State Government/Coordinating Commissioner without delay. All concerned are to ensure strict compliance” it stated.
He also directed the sixteen political appointees to handover all Government property in their possessions to the Secretary to the State Government and Coordinating Commissioner before the close of work on Tuesday 24th November, 2020.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party
- APC was created by people who wanted to get power by all means – Mukhtari Shehu Shagari
- Buhari has done nothing other than make enemies for the herders – Miyetti Allah says in call for restructuring
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council