Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Governor of Nasarawa State, Abdullahi Sule, on Sunday said he was shocked at the killing of the Nasarawa State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Mr. Philip Tatari Shekwo.
Shekwo’s body was found dead on Sunday after gunmen forcefully gained entrance into his residence on Saturday night and kidnapped him.
“We received with great shock and bewilderment the killing of the Nasarawa State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC Mr. Philip Tatari Shekwo in the hands of yet to be identified gunmen who forcefully gained entrance into his residence last night,” Sule said, according to a statement signed by his spokesman, Ibrahim Addra.
“I am personally traumatized by this gruesome and inhuman act that has left myself, Mr. Shekwo’s family members, the APC family and indeed all well meaning people shattered.
“My prayers and thoughts go to the family of the late Shekwo. He was a great husband, a statesman, peaceful gentleman and loyal party man.”
Sule added that security agencies have begun investigation into the matter, noting that every resource will be deployed to fish out the killers.
“I will like to assure all that the perpetrators of this dastard act will not go scot free,” he said. “Investigations have already commenced by our security agencies who will do all it takes to hunt down these criminals and bring them to justice.
“This killing has further our resolve to deploy every resource to fight crime and criminality and secure our people and their property.
“I urge all to remain resilient as we fight those who are bent on instilling fear in us and alter the restored peace in our state.
“We will not allow them and the Almighty will never allow them.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping
- ‘2.5 million people have registered to join APC in Kano’ Ganduje says
- Federal Government to establish special courts, judicial divisions on GBV – Malami
- Mercy Abang makes list of 100 most inspiring women 2021