Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Senate President Bukola Saraki has condemned the attack on Muslim worshippers during Juma’at prayers last Friday.
Suspected bandits arriving in motorcycles and numbering about 100 had on Last Friday attacked a mosque located at Dutsen Gari village in Maruu district, Zamfara as the residents were observing the weekly Jumu’at prayer.
The bandits killed five people and abducted many others.
“This attack on worshippers during Juma’at prayers, which led to the kidnapping of 40 people, including an Imam in Zamfara State, should be a major cause for concern for all Nigerians.”
Saraki disclosed this in a social media statement on Monday
He said that the rampant cases of insecurity have become an issue that affects all Nigerians.
He said that the country needs to deploy all available resources and get help from allies all across the world to help solve our insecurity challenge.
Saraki stated, “these rampant cases of insecurity highlight a growing trend that must be addressed head-on. As I stated in my tweets on insecurity last week, we must see this as a problem that affects all Nigerians.
“We must deploy all available resources; tap into the knowledge and experiences of our best minds both within and out of government; and call on our friends and allies across the world to help solve our insecurity challenges.
Saraki also added that we need an all-inclusive approach to see that insecurity is brought to the barest minimum.
“We need a deliberate and all-encompassing approach to ensure that such incidents are curbed or at the very least, brought to the barest minimum — because this cannot become our ‘new normal.’ It is unacceptable, and we must solve it together.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research