Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigeria Police Force, @PoliceNG has unveiled a Cybercrime Reporting Web Portal.
“The portal (https://incb.police.gov.ng) is part of efforts that ensures ease of crime reportage by the public to enable prompt investigation, arrest and prosecute perpetrators of cybercrime & other related offences,” the statement issued Thursday reads.
According to the Police, “Complainants can now report cases of cybercrime online, at any time and from any part of the world”.
The statement monitored on twitter by NewsWireNGR through the verified handle of the Nigerian Government, added that, “Cases are promptly attended to by the Cybercrime Unit of the Force domiciled with the INTERPOL National Central Bureau (NCB), Force Headquarters, Abuja.
It stated, that the newly created Cybercrime Unit at the INTERPOL Annex, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos.
The Force urged potential users of the portal to ensure that only correct and accurate information, devoid of deliberate falsehood, misrepresentation and misinformation, are provided when filing their complaints.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan
- Former Goalkeeper and Super Eagles Assistant Coach, Joe Erico has died
- COVID-19: Insecurity is Nigeria’s coronavirus – Former Sokoto Governor
- Biden reverses Trump’s Muslim ban
- Presidency says N-Power beneficiaries can now get permanent jobs
- Pogba shoots Manchester United to top of Premier League
- Fact Check: Tweet urging Nigerians to register for NIN or get banned is from a parody account
- After 6 days in captivity, Bauchi House of Assembly member has been released
- All Nigerians have the right to live in Oyo State – Seyi Makinde
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market