Estimated Reading Time: 1
Oyo state Governor, Seyi Makinde has announced a 26.4 percent increase in its internally generated revenue for 2020.
The state said it achieved this without imposing new taxes.
Seyi Makinde announced through his official twitter handle on Monday,
“The Nigerian Bureau of Statistics (NBS) H1 2020 report shows that our IGR grew by 26.4% even amidst this pandemic. We did this without increasing the tax burden on our citizens. What we have done so far is to focus on our competitive advantage.” – Gov. Seyi Makinde tweeted
The state in 2019 recorded an IGR of ?14.06 billion and in 2020, it recorded ?17.77 billion [+26.4%].
Meanwhile, states in Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) generated a sum of N612.87 billion as Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) between January and June 2020. This was disclosed in the States IGR report recently released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS). Oyo State generated N17.77 billion in the same period.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo