Estimated Reading Time: 1
Oyo state Governor, Seyi Makinde has announced a 26.4 percent increase in its internally generated revenue for 2020.
The state said it achieved this without imposing new taxes.
Seyi Makinde announced through his official twitter handle on Monday,
“The Nigerian Bureau of Statistics (NBS) H1 2020 report shows that our IGR grew by 26.4% even amidst this pandemic. We did this without increasing the tax burden on our citizens. What we have done so far is to focus on our competitive advantage.” – Gov. Seyi Makinde tweeted
The state in 2019 recorded an IGR of ?14.06 billion and in 2020, it recorded ?17.77 billion [+26.4%].
Meanwhile, states in Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) generated a sum of N612.87 billion as Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) between January and June 2020. This was disclosed in the States IGR report recently released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS). Oyo State generated N17.77 billion in the same period.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Senate invite Communications Minister over insecurity
- #EndSARS: Federal Government reaches out to UK over sanction threats
- Nigerian Government may soon reopen land borders
- Breaking: Diego Maradona is dead
- Police on escort duty shoot 17 year old girl, others in Bayelsa
- Nnamdi Kanu’s trial to begin in absentia
- Ondo lawmakers divided over deputy speaker’s impeachment
- Finance Minister says Nigeria’s land borders will be reopened soon
- ‘Nigerian airlines are safe’; NCAA insists
- Abdulrasheed Maina’s lawyer dumps him, applies to quit case