Estimated Reading Time: 1
Former Senator that represented Kaduna Central in the 8th Senate, Senator Shehu Sani, has suggested the solution to tackle the unrest happening at the Kaduna-Abuja road.
The Senator through his Twitter page on Monday advised that youths around the area should be drafted into the Police and Civil Defence and redeployed to defend their villages to protect the road and combat the kidnappers because they understand their environment better.
“Solution to the Kaduna Abuja Road Kidnaping. There are about 37 villages along the road.The Youths of those villages should be recruited into the Police and Civil Defence and redeployed to their villages to protect the road and combat the kidnappers. They know the terrain better,” Sani tweeted.
Recall NewsWireNGR report that Bandits had on Sunday attacked travellers along the Kaduna-Abuja expressway around 5pm and killed 15 people and abducted many others.
The incident happened around Gidan Busa, a village not far away from Rijana, which is 133 kilometres to Abuja.
The report says, nearly 20 vehicles were forced to stop at the bushy and sloppy location when the gunmen laid siege and “the location had no security presence at the time of the attack”.
“Apart from the over 15 people reportedly killed by the gunmen, many others including women and children were kidnapped and taken to the bush”. – the Kaduna State Police Public relations Officer, ASP Mohammed Jalige, said the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of the area was working on the situation report and will communicate to members of the public.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Nigerian Army deploys 300 female officers to volatile Abuja-Kaduna highway
- Outrage as Abuja area council charges hotel N500,000 radio and television licence fee
- 3rd Mainland Bridge to be shut for another 3 days – FG
- COVID-19 outbreak in Anambra House of Assembly; plenty cancelled
- NANS support NDLEA’s proposal to administer drug tests to students before admissions
- Nigerians can now register for NIN with Telcos – NIMC
- Electricity: Power sub-stations in Oyo and Ogun States to be completed with N124.2 million – FG
- Federal Executive Council approves N995 Million for road projects
- Governor Seyi Makinde deploys 200 Amotekun operatives in Ibarapa
- House of Representatives promises to pass PIB by April