Estimated Reading Time: 1
Arrested EndSARS protester, Eromosele Adene is set to be arraigned at the Yaba Magistrate court by the Nigerian police.
Eromosele Adene, a 27-year-old musician and philanthropist was arrested in his home on November 7, for allegedly inciting the public against the government due to his involvement in the recent EndSARS protest where thousands of Nigerian youths marched against police brutality and the rogue SARS unit.
He was transferred from Lagos to Abuja for interrogation before he was returned to Lagos on Sunday night to be arraigned at the Yaba Magistrate Court.
Eromo’s arrest is in line with efforts to clampdown on EndSARS protesters, shortly after Central bank of Nigeria accused the 20 EndSARS protesters of financing terrorism and froze their bank accounts for 180 days.
On November 9, an Abuja based human rights activist, Kenechukwu Okeke filed a criminal complaint against 38 EndSARS protesters.
Thousands of Nigerians marched in Lagos and other cities to demand an end to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, or SARS, a police unit accused of extrajudicial killings and abuses.
The government announced the unit had been disbanded, but many Nigerians are skeptical, as officials have promised an end to the unit and its alleged abuses before.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Theophilus Oladipo: Nigeria must develop a legal framework against deceptive advertisement
- Breaking: UEFA to ban Man Utd, Real Madrid, other 10 teams from UCL
- Secessionists have three to four passports to run away when trouble starts – Lai Mohammad
- Breaking: An 18-seated bus has plunged into the Owena River in Ondo State
- David Hundeyin: Isa Ali Pantami – The Inside Story of Nigeria’s Minister of Communications & Digital Economy
- Buhari is tolerating the “rubbish” some civilian president did not take – Katsina Governor
- Mr Macaroni drags police to court over Lekki Toll Gate arrest
- Kalu Nwokoro Idika: Ebubeagu Security Network, Myth Or Reality?
- SERAP seeks probe of ‘missing N106bn In 149 MDAs in 2018’
- “You’re a pathetic fellow” – Former President Jonathan says Babangida Aliyu “will always remain at the back”