Estimated Reading Time: 1
Human rights activist and Convener of Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju has filed a petition against Kenechukwu Okeke before the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee (LPDC) on allegations of professional misconduct.
Recall that NewsWireNGR reported that Kenechukwu Okeke, an Abuja-based lawyer on Monday, filed a criminal proceeding against 38 EndSARS protesters for their active roles in the recent EndSARS protests.
The lawyer alleged that the sued protesters used their platforms to initiate attacks on defence, public safety and public order.
However, Adeyanju’s petition on Wednesday claimed that Okeke had acted against professional conduct by charging the protesters. He cited Rules 1, 39(2), 47(1), 55 of the Rules of Professional Conduct, which talks about the professional conduct of people in the legal profession.
Adeyanju urged the disciplinary body to investigate Okeke for unethical behaviour and punish him accordingly.
See the petition below:
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help
- I raped her for collecting my money and refusing me sex – Suspect confesses
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee