Estimated Reading Time: 1
The third quater-report by the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission, revealed that, the following Nigerian companies are to enjoy a tax free period.
The companies are; Dangote, Sinotrucks West Africa, Lafarge Africa Plc, Honeywell Flour Mills and 34 other firms have been given three-year tax holiday, in what the Nigerian Government has described as Pioneer Status Incentive .
The report stated that six new Pioneer status incentive were granted to companies. These new approvals were given to Honeywell Flour Mills Nigeria Plc, Kalambaina Cement Company Limited, Wells Hosa Greenhouse Farm limited, Daily Need Industries Limited, Savannah Sugar Company Limited and Tribute Lifestyle Global Concept limited.
The report also said that it rejected 60 applications for the Pioneer status Incentive because the companies failed to present requested additional information in months.
The Pioneer Status Incentive is a tax break which grants qualifying industries and products relief from payment of corporate income tax for an initial period of three years, extendable for one or two additional years.
Honeywell was granted the incentive in April 2020, and it would expire on December 2021.
Lafarge was granted the incentive in January 2018, and it would expire in December 2020.
Dangote Sinotrucks West Africa was granted the incentive on January 2019 and it would expire on December 2021.
The report encouraged qualified companies to apply for the pioneer status incentive and other tax incentives from the government.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- I “cannot continue to be a member of a Political party that endangers” – Former APC Chairman resigns
- Adams Oshiomhole refers to Governor Obaseki as his “brother and friend” after the two met in Auchi
- In Lagos, Police vows to go after hoodlums and criminals in Lekki and Ajah areas
- Why Government must realize that digital currency is the future
- Breaking: APC pulls out of ongoing local government polls in Delta
- CBN Introduce incentives to diaspora remittances: Beneficiaries to get N5 for every USD received
- Breaking: In Kaduna, Gunmen storm Federal Airport Authority quarters, abduct staff, family members
- Buhari and Osinbajo get Vaccinated against COVID-19, when will poor Nigerians get theirs?
- “I won’t take any vaccine” – Governor Yahaya Bello has said Kogi state people are not “guinea pigs”
- I tested positive for COVID-19 – Obasanjo