Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Executive Council has approved N62 billion for the construction of Kano-Dawakin Tofa-Gwarzo road linking Kano and Katsina States.
The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola revealed this while briefing State House Correspondents on the outcome of this week’s meeting of the council, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said: “The Ministry of Works and Housing presented one memorandum for the construction of Kano-Dawakin Tofa-Gwarzo-Dayi road and it was approved for N62.7 billion, to be executed in 24 months.”
Also speaking, Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire said the council approved the introduction of platonic medical records and management for the National Health Insurance Scheme, NHIS.
He said the platform will help manage payments and claims as well as health records of patients to enhance transparency and accountability.
“The Ministry of health presented a memo on behalf of the National Health Insurance Scheme, to introduce platonic medical records and management in a concept known as e-NHIS, creating an electronic governance platform.
“This will allow interoperability with all other stakeholders including particularly the State Health Insurance Schemes, Health Management Organisations and hospitals, who offer services to patients.
Dr Ehanire said the project is being carried out by Nigeria Communication Satellite Limited (NIGCOMSAT) under the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy through its agency, Galaxy backbone, who were chosen in preference to a foreign company that charged higher.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Senate invite Communications Minister over insecurity
- #EndSARS: Federal Government reaches out to UK over sanction threats
- Nigerian Government may soon reopen land borders
- Breaking: Diego Maradona is dead
- Police on escort duty shoot 17 year old girl, others in Bayelsa
- Nnamdi Kanu’s trial to begin in absentia
- Ondo lawmakers divided over deputy speaker’s impeachment
- Finance Minister says Nigeria’s land borders will be reopened soon
- ‘Nigerian airlines are safe’; NCAA insists
- Abdulrasheed Maina’s lawyer dumps him, applies to quit case