Estimated Reading Time: 1
Democrat candidate and former US Vice President Biden has won the presidency by clinching Pennsylvania and its 20 electoral votes, the AP has just announced.
Biden’s electoral vote count now stands at 284, surpassing the 270 needed to win the White House.
Donald Trump has been defeated, and Biden will become the 46th president of the United States in January.
Biden, who turns 78 at the end of this month, will become the oldest president when he is inaugurated in January. Biden is pledging to restore America’s “soul,” which he says was compromised by Trump’s divisive approach, and to purge the President’s “America First” foreign policy and rebuild Washington’s traditional position of global leadership.
Responding to the results of the elections, Joe Biden thanked Americans and promised to be everyone’s president whether or not they voted him.
- 2023: Governor Ortom should run for senate – Special Adviser
- Nigerian Ports Authority to launch Electronic Truck call-up app
- There must be justice and fairness in the way FG distributes resources – Attahiru Jega
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’