Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Director-General of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, says corps members and staff of the 2020 Batch “B” orientation exercise would be tested for COVID-19 before the programme.
Ibrahim said this on Thursday in Jos at the opening of the NYSC 2020 Batch “B” pre-orientation workshop.
He said the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) had worked out procedures to ensure that staff and corps members who tested positive for the virus would be adequately taken care of.
According to him, the NYSC management has ensured strict compliance with the NCDC guidelines in the corps’ activities.
The director-general said that the NYSC had been interfacing with relevant bodies such as the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the various state ministries of health on ways of ensuring safe and efficient conduct of the orientation exercise.
He said that all orientation camps had been prepared and remodeled in line with the approved safety protocols.
NewsWireNGR recalls that the Minister of Youth and Sports, Sunday Dare via his verified Twitter handle had announced the reopening of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Orientation camps across the country, subject to strict compliance with COVID-19 protocols
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle