Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Abdullahi Ganduje’s media aide, Salihu Tanko Yakasai; known as Dawisu on Twitter, has called for the arrest of Catholic Bishop of Nsukka, Godfrey Igwebuike Onah over a viral sermon he claimed was inciting violence.
Onah had decried an alleged discrimination in handling of security cases in the north and in the south. He backed up this claim by recounting the clash between IPOB members and DSS operatives in Enugu state.
The Catholic bishop also alleged that mosques are springing up in the east, while it is allegedly difficult to get lands to build churches in some states and the northern region of the country.
Reacting to the cleric’s comment, Dawisu called on security operatives to arrest the Catholic bishop. He stated that one cannot use a place of worship be it Mosque or a Church and incite violence.
This will be a good scapegoat for security operatives to make example of. You CANNOT use place of worship be it Mosque or a Church and incite violence particularly that of religion in a country like ours, and then get away with it. I call for the arrest & prosecution of this man
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms