Estimated Reading Time: 1
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has said it postponed the release of the just concluded West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) to next week due to curfew imposed in some parts of the country.
Recall that the council had said it will release the result within 45 days.
The head of public affairs of WAEC Nigeria, Demianus Ojijeogu, had confirmed this on September 14.
But a tweet on WAEC’s official Twitter page on Thursday said the result will be released in the first week of November.
It tweeted, “WASSCE SC 2020 Results Release Date: Dear candidates, the Council had planned to release the results today in fulfillment of our Project 45 but due to the curfew imposed last week, it had to be postponed till next week.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami