Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Edo State Police command has rearrested 10 of the inmates who escaped from the Benin Medium Custodial Centre and Oko Medium Custodial Centre, in Benin, the Edo State capital.
NewsWireNGR reported last week, that prisoners in detention broke out by jumping the fence following an early morning unrest caused by thugs that were said to have hijacked the ENDSARS protests.
Six of the escaped prisoners were rearrested for alleged armed robbery while one was arrested for attempting to kill the prosecution witness who testified against him in Court.
The 10 inmates were among the 126 paraded suspects arrested for looting the Nigeria Customs Service’s warehouse, Central Medical Store’s warehouse, Olam Nigeria PLC Private Warehous, and Blessed Doris-Dey Warehouse along Benin-Agbor Road.
Parading the suspects, the state’s Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumon, said 28 suspects were arrested for allegedly looting customs’ warehouse, 45 arrested for looting medical store, 13 for looting Olam, 16 for looting Dorisday warehouse.
He gave the names of the rearrested escapee inmates as Emmanuel Udoh, Friday Etim, Victor Akpotor, Lucky Precious, Osarumen Enoragbon, Patrick Eguavoen, Abraham Matthew, Endurance Ifobuow, Mohammed Adamu and Henry Atadi.
He said Henry Atadi, after escaping from the prison, snatched a Lexus car and was arrested at Okada with the car.
He said Eddy Favour, Patrick Eguavoen and Abraham Mathew stole Lexus saloon car ES 330, with registration number Abuja: KWL 205 AZ, after escaping from prison and sold the car at Igueben, in Igueben local government area of the state.
He said they were arrested with the buyers after selling the car.
However, some of those arrested for stealing palliatives denied the offence, saying they were arrested for violating curfew declared by the state.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- World Aids Day:Cross River State Government Marks Day With Walk, Advocates for Early Detection
- Police confirm killing of Assistant commissioner of police in Calabar
- Pope Francis condemns the killing of scores of farmers and villagers in Borno
- Actress, Regina Daniels husband, Ned Nwoko, says he can marry another wife to add to all his wives
- Boko Haram abducts Red Cross officer in Borno
- COVID-19: UK becomes first country to approve Pfizer’s vaccine
- Kayode Fayemi has said security challenges are beyond the Nigerian military
- The Judiciary leads ICPC corruption index with over N9Billion in bribes offered/received in 2 years
- Kidnappers demand N15 million ransom to release couple abducted in Edo
- Hausa Language Movie, ‘The Milkmaid’ has been selected as Nigeria’s entry for the Oscars