Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Adamawa State Police Command has arrested 238 suspected hoodlums who vandalized and looted government and private warehouses in the state.
The command also recovered 35 tractors, nine vehicles, over 600 bags of fertilizer, 22 hand tractor hoes, 28 hand tractors, 18 bags of Maize among and many others.
Speaking with journalists during a briefing, the Adamawa State Police Commissioner, Mr Olubenga Adeyanju, attributed the successes recorded to the collaboration between the police and other security agencies in their resolve to reclaim the public space from the criminals elements, who had looted government and private warehouses.
“As I speak we have 238 males and females suspects, 184 apprehended for breaking and looting government, private and cooperate warehouses in the state while 54 were arrested for violating the curfew,” said Mr. Adeyaju.
He said the suspects would soon be prosecuted but called on the public in the state to report anyone they suspect to the nearest Police stations.
It will would be recalled that the hoodlums attacked both government ad private property, including the Primary and looted properties from the Offices of the Nigeria Customs Service, the Federal Road Safety Corps, the Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Nigeria Emergency Management Agency, the COVID-19 Isolation Centre.
The other non-governmental ad private property broke into are the are North East Commodity Association (NECAS) Kofare, public and private warehouses, Nyako Quarters, Upper Benue, Red Cross opposite office among other places.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government
- Fredrick Nwabufo: I’m a ‘herdsman’ — all herdsmen are not bandits
- COVID-19: Federal Government says ultra chain cold facility ready for vaccine storage
- Ondo Govt says Presidency backing criminal elements masquerading as herdsmen
- Like Trump, Buhari will be remembered for failure – Fayose
- Civil servants in Rivers State begin work from home