Estimated Reading Time: 1
Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa says he will soon sign an executive order for house-to-house search to recover government and private property looted by some hoodlums across the state.
Fintiri, who stated this during a broadcast in Yola on Tuesday, called on the looters to return all looted property before 7 a.m. of Wednesday, Oct. 28.
“I assure every resident of the state of our continuous commitment to the protection of their lives and property”
“Consequently, I am giving a 12 hour ultimatum from 6 p.m. – 6 a.m. to those hoodlums to return whatever they looted from public and private warehouses and homes to the nearest police station.
“They can also return it to traditional rulers’ house from the ward to the district level, whichever is nearest to them.
“This ultimatum will expire at 6 a.m. on Wednesday, 28th – October, 2020, after which I will sign an Executive Order for a house-to-house search to commence by 7 a.m. of the same day,” the governor added.
According to him, part of the provision of the order is a sanction that will attract withdrawal of Certificate of Occupancy (C of O) and if necessary, demolition of every house that habours any of the stolen properties.
Fintiri called on the law abiding citizens to cooperate with the security agencies to ensure the enforcement to the letter.
He said so far 155 suspects have been arrested including nine vehicles and 12 trycircles that were recovered.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Sheikh Gumi, others should exercise restraint’ Nigerian Army cautions
- COVID-19 Testing: Nigerian Government threatens to ban flights from UAE, Netherlands
- COVID-19: Ogun State receives 50,000 vaccine doses
- Nigerian students can now work in the UK after schooling; here’s the latest directive
- You promised to free her, Leah Sharibu’s family writes Buhari
- Breaking: No fewer than 19 persons have been abducted in Kutunku village in Niger State
- “OBJ, faults and all” – Kingsley Moghalu says former President Obasanjo is Nigeria’s best president since 1999
- Minister Pauline Tallen’s niece has been kidnapped In Jos
- EFCC invites Ondo Assembly members over fraud allegations
- #IWD: Aisha Buhari laments school kidnapping