Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Executive Council has approved the sum of N2.9 billion for the award of contract for the printing of both sensitive and non-sensitive examination materials.
The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, revealed this while briefing State House Correspondents at the end of this week’s virtual meeting of the council, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said the contract was awarded to a group of eight printers, adding that the materials are for the Basic Education Certification Examination, the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the National Common Entrance.
Today Council approved the award of contract for the printing of examination materials both sensitive and non-sensitive and the contract is worth N2.9 billion.
“It was awarded to a group of eight printers. The materials are for the Besic Education Certification Examination, the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the National Common Entrance.
“As you know, because of the recent disturbances, we have postponed the examinations that have not taken place,” he said.
Recall that the National Examinations Council, NECO, had announced on Sunday, that it has suspended its ongoing internal Senior Secondary Schools Certificate Examinations, SSCE, indefinitely.
The council, in a statement by its Head, Information and Public Relations Division, Azeez Sani, explained that the action was taken by its governing board, following the current turn of events in the country.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- INTERVIEW: Alkasim Abdulkadir provides rare insight into the battle against insurgency, nation building and why youths must chase money
- Muhyideen Kolawole: The Healthcare System in Nigeria is Collapsing
- Nasir el-rufai is “one of the real enemies” of Nigeria – Benue Governor Ortom says his Kaduna counterpart is an “ethnic champion and religious bigot”
- #EndSARS: Witness shared videos revealing Army shooting at protesters at the Lekki Toll
- Ohanaeze Chieftain vows to ‘put an executive Zik in Aso Rock in 2023’
- Police arrests 49 Shiite protesters in Abuja
- For the second time in a week, gunmen attack police station in Akwa Ibom
- ‘El-Rufai’s comments are mischievous’ – Igbo Leaders respond
- ‘You can’t get Presidency by threats or shouting victimhood’ – El Rufai says to South-East
- ‘A military takeover is not the solution to Nigeria’s problems’ – Adams Oshiomhole