Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government of Nigeria has declared Thursday October 29, 2020 as Public Holiday to mark this year’s Eid-El-Maulud Celebration in commemoration of the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, made the declaration on behalf of the federal government, on Tuesday, in a statement signed by Mohammed Manga, Director (Press & Public Relations) in the ministry.
While congratulating the Muslim faithful both at home and abroad for witnessing this year’s occasion, he enjoined them to imbibe the spirit of love, patience and perseverance which he said are the virtues of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
He said that doing so would guarantee peace and security in the country.
Aregbesola enjoined Nigerians, particularly Muslims, at this moment, to abhor violence, lawlessness, wantonness and daylight robbery as witnessed across the country most recently, stressing that Nigeria is the pride of the black race and should provide responsible leadership for the greatness and development of the African continent and all black people.
While calling for a stop to all divisive tendencies across the country, the Minister urged all Nigerians and the youth in particular, to embrace peace and cooperate with the President Muhammadu Buhari led-administration in its effort to build a virile nation, which all citizens can be proud of.
Aregbesola, who described the youth as the hope and future of the nation, advised them further to deepen democracy and not dampen it.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Former Minister for Women Affairs, Aisha Alhassan dies
- Ebonyi Government says it will offer amnesty to repentant bandits
- Reps Committee summons NNPC, others over oil mining lease revocation
- ‘Buhari needs to speak to Nigerians; we didn’t vote for Garba Shehu or Femi Adesina’ – Dino Melaye
- I will stop being a Nigerian if Tinubu becomes President – Bode George
- Breaking: FG announce high profile Nigerians and institutions as financiers of terrorism
- “Some people are mercilessly against this country,” – Disappointed Buhari says
- Supreme court declares dissolution of Oyo Local Government Councils illegal
- Pastor Adeboye’s son to be buried on Tuesday May 11
- Abia Governor promises to rescue abducted ABSU student