Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Government of Nigeria has declared Thursday October 29, 2020 as Public Holiday to mark this year’s Eid-El-Maulud Celebration in commemoration of the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, made the declaration on behalf of the federal government, on Tuesday, in a statement signed by Mohammed Manga, Director (Press & Public Relations) in the ministry.
While congratulating the Muslim faithful both at home and abroad for witnessing this year’s occasion, he enjoined them to imbibe the spirit of love, patience and perseverance which he said are the virtues of the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
He said that doing so would guarantee peace and security in the country.
Aregbesola enjoined Nigerians, particularly Muslims, at this moment, to abhor violence, lawlessness, wantonness and daylight robbery as witnessed across the country most recently, stressing that Nigeria is the pride of the black race and should provide responsible leadership for the greatness and development of the African continent and all black people.
While calling for a stop to all divisive tendencies across the country, the Minister urged all Nigerians and the youth in particular, to embrace peace and cooperate with the President Muhammadu Buhari led-administration in its effort to build a virile nation, which all citizens can be proud of.
Aregbesola, who described the youth as the hope and future of the nation, advised them further to deepen democracy and not dampen it.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Just In: Nigerian Army Chief, Buratai Asks Generals to Launch Spiritual Warfare Against Insecurity
- Bayelsa By-Elections: 3 policemen drown in boat mishap
- Breaking: Chief Harry Ayoade Akande, is dead
- Nigerian Soldier assaults, strips lady naked in Ogun over ‘indecent dressing’
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety