Estimated Reading Time: 1
Hoodlums in the satellite town of Kubwa, outside Abuja, are currently looting the NYSC office.
They began carting away mattresses, motorcycles and other households items since past 8.00a.m, a PREMIUM TIMES reporter in the area said.
The items are not believed to be part of the Coalition Against Covid (CACOVID) foodstuff that have been the target of looters nationwide since the Lekki toll gate shooting.
Military and police have cordoned off the area and there have been shooting there. A military helicopter is hovering around the area.
NewsWireNGR reports that looters on Monday in search of COVID-19 palliatives stormed a warehouse located in Gwagwalada in Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Last week, some of the residents had stormed the Cyprian Ekwensi Centre for Arts Culture in Area 10 Abuja hoping to invade the premises but were stopped by security officials who cordon off the area.
The residents were seen looting items including rice, semovita, macaroni, spaghetti, sugar, salt, and fertilizers.
The warehouse which is located near West African Examination Council (WAEC) office, is said to contain items belonging to the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA).
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas
- Arik Air sacks 300 staff members, claims economic hardship
- Patrick Vieira has been sacked as coach of Nice