Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has directed schools in Ibadan, the state capital, to resume normal academic activities from Monday, October 26, 2020.
In a press statement signed on Sunday by the Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Olasunkanmi Olaleye, the governor said the reopening followed a review of the situation in Ibadan metropolis.
The statement read, “His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde, directed the closure of schools in Ibadan metropolis on Tuesday, 20th of October, 2020, following the #EndSARS protests that rocked the state.
“His Excellency had, in a message to the people of Oyo State, stated that the situation will be reviewed on Friday, 23rd October, 2020.
“Following a review of the situation as earlier promised, the state government is happy to observe that normalcy has returned to the state in the aftermath of the protests.
“His Excellency, Governor Makinde, appreciates the youths who have been cooperating with security operatives to maintain peace, while assuring them that their demands are being addressed.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer
- Nigerian tribes want Yahaya Bello to contest 2023 presidential election
- Just In: Resident doctors suspend strike
- Hoodlums disrupt PDP North-West zonal congress
- Senate President Ahmed Lawan says Nigeria can never become a failed state
- Federal Government signs new MoU with striking doctors
- Veteran Nollywood Actor, Bruno Iwuoha Dies At 68
- Just In: Terrorists kill 8 miners in Plateau
- Denied By The System: Nigerian students lose scholarships as Universities delay transcripts
- Lagos City Marathon: Kenyan Emmanuel Naibei and Ethiopian Meseret Dinke emerge champions