Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, has directed schools in Ibadan, the state capital, to resume normal academic activities from Monday, October 26, 2020.
In a press statement signed on Sunday by the Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Olasunkanmi Olaleye, the governor said the reopening followed a review of the situation in Ibadan metropolis.
The statement read, “His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde, directed the closure of schools in Ibadan metropolis on Tuesday, 20th of October, 2020, following the #EndSARS protests that rocked the state.
“His Excellency had, in a message to the people of Oyo State, stated that the situation will be reviewed on Friday, 23rd October, 2020.
“Following a review of the situation as earlier promised, the state government is happy to observe that normalcy has returned to the state in the aftermath of the protests.
“His Excellency, Governor Makinde, appreciates the youths who have been cooperating with security operatives to maintain peace, while assuring them that their demands are being addressed.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas