Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Federal Psychiatric hospital, the Calabar Municipal office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), State Secretariat of the Nigerian Labor Congress (NLC), the State office of the Niger Delta Development Commission, the state office of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has all been vandalized and torched as hoodlums continue to cause havoc, unchallenged in the state capital.
Also touched was the 8-mile branch of First Bank, Mayne Avenue Branch of Access bank, Valuemart supermarket belonging to Mrs. Obioma Imoke, wife of a former Governor of the state, Cross River Roll Back Malaria office, and the Atakpa Police station amongst others.
NewsWireNGR can also confirm that 2 persons (a man and a woman) were brought in dead to the Police Clinic after a mob broke into a warehouse belonging to the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).
An eyewitness at the scene said the woman died after bags of garri fell on her, and that the man died as a result of stampede.
Our reporter who went round the town, said the streets were deserted shops closed but that most of the phone shops along the popular Calabar road, around the popular Watt market had been looted.
The Cross River Governor, Sen. Ben Ayade had earlier in state broadcast pleaded with citizens, saying “if we destroy our own assets as a state with one of the lowest allocations in the country, we will not have the ability to rebuild.”
The Governor added that the state has learned it lessons and pleaded with the people to give it a chance to make amends.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Breaking: In a Gestapo style, Ganduje’s aide, Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, arrested and moved to Abuja from Kano
- Zamfara Government orders immediate closure of all boarding schools in the state
- IGP calls for calm amid the tension caused by Jangebe schoolgirls abduction
- Controversy trails attempted arrest of Sunday Igboho
- Delta State bans night grazing, underage cattle herders in the state
- Bandits who abducted Jangebe schoolgirls are different from the ones I met – Gumi
- Police confirms 317 schoolgirls were abducted in Zamfara school
- Just in: Osinbajo tells CBN to regulate, not ban cryptocurrency
- Police in Rivers State dissolve the ‘Eagle Crack Squad’ unit of the force
- Jangebe Abductions: The terrorists attacked the soldiers in the community before they entered the school- Teacher reveals