Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Ebonyi State Government on Thursday, proscribed the Academic Staff Union of Universities, the Non-Academic Staff Union and other staff unions at the Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
The only body currently allowed to exist in the university is the Students’ Union Government.
“The decision was taken in order to ensure that academic and non-academic unions’ activities do not negatively affect the resumption of EBSU and commencement of academic/ non-academic activities in the state-owned university.” said the state governor after meeting with the leadership of the unions.
According to the state Commissioner for Education, Dr Onyebuchi Chima, approval had been given for the release of N500m for the payment of staff salaries.
He also said the institution was also granted a loan of N300m for the commencement of SMEs towards boosting its Internally Generated Revenue, while the state’s mushroom and the citrus farms were also donated to the school.
“All teaching and non-teaching staff members are encouraged to resume normal university activities immediately. All teaching and non-teaching staff shall be paid 80 per cent of their monthly outstanding salaries except those who refused to immediately commence work. Accordingly, EBSU management and SUG are encouraged to keep records of staff that resume for work.” He said.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Ebonyi Governor proscribes all staff unions including ASUU and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Senate says Nigeria needs N400Billion annually for road maintenance
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped