Estimated Reading Time: 1
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has Friday announced the ease of ongoing curfew in the state.
The Lagos State government announced plans to ease the ongoing curfew in the state starting from tomorrow, Saturday morning, 8-am to 6pm .
Governor Sanwo-Olu made the announcement on Friday while briefing reporters at the Lagos House in Marina.
Governor Sanwo-olu had on Arise TV on Thursday addressing the Lekki Shooting and the aftermath of the destruction by hoodlums explained that he was looking at easing the curfew within 24 hours after evaluating the situation on the ground.
The Governor stated, that, “The Govt is looking at easing the lockdown in the state in the next 24 hours, after evaluating the situation on the ground around the state. This is to allow residents to get access to food and other provisions they might be running out of.”
In the meantime, some domestic airlines have announced resumption of flights from Lagos as from tomorrow Saturday with the possible lifting of the curfew in the State.
In their various statements issued Friday, spokesperson’s for the airlines say, arrangements are on top gear to ensure seamless facilitation of passengers from tomorrow Saturday.
One of them, Mr. Kingsley Ezemwan, assures all tickets within the period of the curfew remain valid and can be rescheduled for free.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- Buhari orders soldiers to shoot anybody seen with AK-47 – Garba Shehu
- Just in: EndSARS protesters stole $2m, N17m in my palace – Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu
- There is no big deal in Super Eagles travelling to Benin Republic by boat – NFF President
- COVID-19: Edo State confirms receipt of vaccines from Federal Government
- Federal Government should hire mercenaries to end insurgency – Borno Governor
- Cattle and Foodstuff Dealers Association decide to end blockade
- Gunmen storm Sokoto Commissioner’s house; kidnap family members
- Foodstuff, Cattle dealers insist strike will continue
- Oyo State will not provide free land for private ranching – Seyi Makinde
- Federal Government extends tenure of network operators on NIN/SIM registration