Estimated Reading Time: 1
Nigeria’s Vice President Yemi Osinbajo on Wednesday night finally spoke on the Lekki toll gate shooting of unarmed #EndSARS protesters.
The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo tweeted at midnight Wednesday from his official Twitter page in an attempt to calm Nigerians down after the deadly Tuesday night Lekki toll gate shooting that killed at least 12 people, according to investigations by Amnesty International.
Tuesday’s shooting of peaceful #EndSARS protesters across the country has generated strong condemnation by Nigerians on social media, international bodies and international celebrities on Wednesday.
Protests by youths demanding the disbanding of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police, which began on October 8, turned violent when local thugs and security agents started attacking protesters with tear gas, water cannons and live ammunition
On Tuesday, the violence escalated when soldiers and policemen, as well as hoodlums reportedly killed no fewer than 43 protesters.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
- US removes visa reciprocity fees for Nigerian applicants
- Pensioners reject Government’s plan to borrow from pension fund
- ‘Avoid politicians approaching you to destabilize the government’ – Buratai warns Generals
- Lagos Senatorial by-elections hold today
- ‘Fisayo Soyombo Wins Kurt Schork Award in International Journalism after five attempts in six years
- Ali Ndume to withdraw as Abdulrasheed Maina’s Surety
- Nominations the 14th Headies Award is out, Check out the complete list
- Murder: Court upholds death sentence for Maryam Sanda
- Canadian Government supports Nigeria to strengthen security at the borders
- By-Election: Police in Lagos announce restriction of movement from 6am – 6pm in affected areas