Estimated Reading Time: 1
The Nigerian Army has seized the corpses of peaceful #EndSARS protesters killed by security operatives in the Lekki Toll Gate area of Lagos on Tuesday night.
The Lekki Toll Gate has been one of the major converging points, where peaceful and unarmed protesters were still seen gathered in large numbers demanding an end to Police brutality.
One of the protesters at the scene, DJ Switch, who live-streamed the attack, said the bodies of those killed were now in the possession of Nigerian Army personnel.
The Nigerian army also prevented ambulances from accessing the scene to evacuate those injured to the hospital.
Nigerians are still in search of a number of family members who were at the protest and are unreachable but images of dead bodies and injured from Lekki has gone viral across twitter.
Over 49 reported killed across the country Tuesday, total number of those killed yet to be ascertained, a lot more injured, while the entire area remains tensed. Here is an account of someone live tweeting during the shooting in Lekki..
In the meantime, the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has called for calm across the state, following the shooting by soldiers that occurred at the Lekki Toll Gate area of the state.
He has also ordered an investigation into the incident and ordered security agents not to arrest anyone on account of the curfew.
This was disclosed in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso, on Tuesday.
Speaking further, the governor reiterated his administration’s efforts in securing the lives of Lagosians and pleaded with them to stay calm.
The incident comes hours after the Lagos State Government declared a 24-hour curfew as part of efforts to stop the violence which had broken out in some parts of the state by criminal elements who have been hijacking the protests.
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Nigerian Army seizes corpses of peaceful #EndSARS protesters after the #LekkiMassacre in Lagos and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Senate says Nigeria needs N400Billion annually for road maintenance
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped