Estimated Reading Time: 1
Edo State Deputy Governor, Comrade Philip Shaibu says the End SARS protests in Benin have been hijacked by hoodlums.
“Hoodlums actually have taken over the exercise,” Mr. Shaibu said.
The deputy governor’s comment comes on the heels of the attack on a maximum prison by hoodlums in Benin City, the state capital on Monday.
Mr Shaibu who was a guest on Channels Television’s Politics Today revealed that many persons injured in the attack, he, however, could not confirm how many persons were killed.
According to Mr. Shaibu, many inmates escaped from the prison, but the deputy governor was not specific on how many.
He pleaded with the protesters to give the government a chance to implement the demands already made.
Shaibu, also said at least three ladies were raped after suspected hoodlums attacked #EndSARS protesters in the state.
“It’s quite unfortunate that the #EndSARS protests today went violent and the correctional service at Sapele road and Oko prison were invaded. There were jail break in both sides”, he said.
“Before then, during the weekend, hoodlums took over. Yesterday, three young ladies were raped.
“Some through reckless driving, hit up some persons. A lot of lives are already being lost. For the state government, it is not acceptable.”
kindly donate to the work we do using our interim PAYPAL https://www.paypal.me/NewsWireNGR
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Ladies raped, after hoodlums hijacked #EndSARS protesters in Edo State and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- Senate says Nigeria needs N400Billion annually for road maintenance
- Former Governor, Donald Duke says insurgents get their weapons from security operatives
- US President-elect Joe Biden announces all-female senior press team
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped